An energy audit can identify energy-saving (and money-saving) opportunities throughout your building that will make it healthier, more efficient, durable, water-wise and environmentally responsible.
Small measures add up. Following are the services we offer our clients to improve their buildings’ performance.
- Calculate the total energy and water consumption of the building.
- Compare the building’s energy and water consumption to that of other similar buildings.
- Access to Boiler Room, Utility Room(s) and Roof is requested.
Evaluations, Recommendations and Report:
- Determination of Building Owner’s goals and priorities.
- Detailed site survey.
- Documentation of existing operations and maintenance practices.
- Identify potential improvements that can reduce operations costs and improve asset value.
- Areas to be reviewed and included in report:
- Maintenance Procedures
- Building Envelope
- HVAC systems including but not limited to: chilled water systems including condenser water distribution, heating systems and equipment, outdoor ventilation systems and equipment, exhaust air systems and equipment, temperature and humidity control systems.
- Conveying Systems (elevators etc…)
- Domestic hot water systems.
- Water consumption.
- Electrical and lighting systems
Recommendations of Strategies:
- We will identify energy conservation measures (ECM’s) with short payback periods.
- We will also recommend longer term sustainable strategies that will reduce operations costs, improve asset value and make the buildings healthier for occupants.
- Review of current and available incentives.
- Meeting with Superintendent or other Personnel is requested.
- Determine whether LEED-Existing Buildings: Operations & Management is feasible and if so, which level of certification is achievable.
- The certification level recommended will reflect the optimum route for achieving a LEED designation.
Tenant Alteration Agreement:
- Review Building Management’s specifications for tenant fit-out and develop guidelines as related to energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Prepare a checklist for all required submittals for alterations.
Implementation of Measures:
- Architectural and Mechanical Design
- Filing with NYC DOB, DEP, FDNY as required
- Competitive Bidding & Value Engineering
- Contract administration